- At the Cross, at the cross - Thursday, October 12, 2006

Its been awhile since i posted anything...

My students are working on The Miracle Worker. At first I admit, I wasn't that excited. Now if you are thinking, why would you choose a script that you didn't really want to do? But over here its just not that easy. I more or less get told which play I can do. Its frustrating to say the least. So yeah, at first i really didn't want to do The Miracle Worker. But after spending more time with the text, I really love it. Its a very beautiful play. And hey, it could be worse- We could be doing Jill and Fred's Biblical Adventure.

As most of you probably know, my school is a ministry of a church: First Baptist Chruch of Central Florida. This is the church's latest venture:

Shaun and I have very strong opinions about this. Pine Hills, the poorest part of Orlando, is literally 5 minutes away. What sort of message do you think this is sending them?

8 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Blogger andiewade said...

what's the latest venture?

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger joel said...

yes, what is the latest venture...and when are yall gonna venture on up to NC?

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger hot cross buns said...

sorry guys, I thought i put the link up. lets try again:

http://fbccf.net/templates/cuscentralfl/details.asp?id=29238&PID=386546&Style=

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger hot cross buns said...

i guess just copy and paste it.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger joel said...

Wow, so that is absolutely ridiculous. Well I mean at least it’s a good use of money. It’s not like there are more important things to spend it on. I’m sure all the poor people blocks away will look to that cross and be cured of their crack addictions, their hunger will simply fade away from the inspiration they receive when looking up to it...maybe yall should buy some property across the street and build a giant electric chair with a 200 foot tall dead guy fried to a crisp, or better yet just get a giant bloody, beaten disgusting 150 foot tall dead Jesus statue and nail it to that 200 foot cross.(shouldn’t the goal be to have people horrified by the sight/meaning of the cross?) anyways so having to deal with crazy people day after day, you start to be able to pick out the insane ones by the look in their eyes, and your pastor looks about as nuts as they can come.

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger andiewade said...

laughable

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Doyle said...

I call shenanigans. Shenanigans I saw. And what's up with Shaun?

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Doyle said...

Make that "say", not "saw".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

So I've been thinking...

About Me

Name: Melissa Cross
Location: Orlando, Fl
My Profile

Links

my baby daddy
pastor brad
David
Andie
bethany
Kelli
Rebecca
Gina
Jessie
Adrienne
Martha
Rockel
Danielle
Jared
Chuck
Mike
Kat
Brandy
Kendryan
Hopegivers
Bloodwater
D.Webb


Previous Posts

Thank you, Paris Hilton.
New Glasses
This ones for clint
Why?
Crappity Crap
March 8, 2007
Say it aint so!
Damien Rice & Lisa Hannigan
Miscellaneous
Kaitlyn


Archives





Designed by E&E

Powered by Blogger