- - Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Well since the last post, my life has turned completely upside down. But in the best way. Hazel is now 2 1/2 months older, and Shaun and I have aged about 10 years... our new responsibilites are overwhelming, but taken on with great joy. I did not know it was possible to love anythign this much. This little life has taught me so much about God and His great love for his Church. I never realized that my infant daughter would minister to ME.

Many have asked us where we came up with Hazel's name...well go check out the nov 6 post...all the months of hiding the name, and it was on my blog the whole time...

I have returned to work temporarily. I went back to finish out the school year and there is actually only about a week and a half left. I could only do this was with the help of Jaime and Becky, who were with us for a week, and my Mom- who is with us now taking care of Hazel during the day. Speaking of my mom, i have found myself with a much deeper level of respect for her. She found out she was pregnant with me when my brother was only 6 months old. I cannot begin to imagine bringing home a newborn with toddler already there. She is a much stronger woman then I ever gave her credit for...

My seniors are graduating. and even though i am not returning to CFCA next year, my heart is so heavy. I have grown to love these kids. Its hard being a young teacher, and not having most of them in any my actual classes, because its so easy to view them as friends. I've tried to maintain the "I'm your authority figure" thing, but I think i've kinda failed at that. I jsut like them too much. Besides, we all would be checking the "18 to 24 years" box when aswering the age question, so i'm kinda justified...
Being their sponsor is just about my favorite part of my job. And has made me realize i would probably like a job in youth ministry. or being the wife of a youth minister. or just volunteering. either way, i love it. i really anticipate staying close to a lot of them, at least i hope as much.

We head to Asheville NC for Beverly's wedding on the 15th and then will be extending our trip until the 24th in Raleigh. I can't wait to show off Hazel... and possibly look for an apartment...pray that Shaun finds a job.

Right now, I'm loving Regina Specktor's music. Check her out if you haven't yet. We've recently seen The Constant Gardner and Volver- good flicks. Maybe i'll actually read a whole book sometime soon and can recommend one of those. The summer is coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

So I've been thinking...

About Me

Name: Melissa Cross
Location: Orlando, Fl
My Profile

Links

my baby daddy
pastor brad
David
Andie
bethany
Kelli
Rebecca
Gina
Jessie
Adrienne
Martha
Rockel
Danielle
Jared
Chuck
Mike
Kat
Brandy
Kendryan
Hopegivers
Bloodwater
D.Webb


Previous Posts

More Pics
WHEW!
Some pictures (more to come)
Hazel Evelyn Cross
It's A GIRL
Pushing Again
Updatus Jaimecus
Pushing Rd 1
Newest update
Pictupdates The Dos


Archives





Designed by E&E

Powered by Blogger