|
- -
|
Monday, October 13, 2008
|
There were a few places i never wanted to go. One of which was India. Many of my friends from college had gone to India, loved India, couldn't wait to go back to India. It actually kind of annoyed me. To me, India was the trendy mission trip destination for Campbell students. I decided India was not the place for me.
July 1-16th of this year changed me forever. Those two weeks in India turned me into a person that loves India and longs to return.
Another place on my 'never gonna go there' list was Haiti. I had spent 2 weeks in Bosnia when I was 18 with a girl that had taken multiple trips to Haiti. She loved the country, but told me all the scary details of sleeping in tents with spiders crawling across her face. I told myself I would NEVER go somewhere like that.
November 8-11 Shaun and I are going to Haiti. Like in India, we will spending time with orphans and helping at the orphanage. I can't wait.
| |
|
|
3 Comments:
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Wow, the Lord has really brought about some great opportunites for you guys to serve together oveseas! What a blessing. I am thankful for your willingness to go even to places that you said you never would. You should take one of those sleeping bags that you can zip over your head. I wonder how you wouldnt die. hmm...
and next you guys can come visit us in turkey and work with the men that sell fish in the street. you can sleep in our house. hopefully there won't be any spiders to crawl across your face.
sound like a plan?
actually the next trip better be to see me in the Czech Republic. Okay. Mom has spoken!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home